A dark reboot of the Men in Black series, leaving out Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Barry Sonnenfeld.
The Men in Black are a top secret organization responsible for monitoring extraterrestrial, paranormal, and mythical activity throughout our planet. They do not exist, they do not expose any of their investigations, and will stop at nothing to cover up anything to avoid public uproars.
Veteran and burned out Agent K is investigating a homicide involving the death of his mentor Agent West who discovered a mothership buried underneath, believing the area to be the source of all malevolent extraterrestrial life on Earth and has a possible civilization underneath. Knowing that he can't go alone, Agent K recruits J, a former Navy SEAL turned undercover cop to join the MiB. J is reluctant due to the highly sensitive nature of the mission and is granted redemption and a spot in the agency if he completes the mission.
What the two agents don't know is one of the agents who went alongside West to report the home of the aliens is deemed a traitor to the Men in Black, who knows a lot more than the organization; a deal is made with the aliens - surrender the planet to the aliens or face a star that will obliterate all humanity.
RATING: TV-MA for strong violence/gore, language, and terror.
* Where as Agent J was charismatic and street-smart cop in the original movies, Agent J will be a former soldier turned undercover cop whose career fades due to a traumatic event.
* The first part would focus on the Men in Black as an organization, including Agent K as a veteran and well-respected agent who wants to retire and have somebody take his own place instead.
* The Nerualyzer won't just be used as a device to wipe memories, rather also for the purpose of mind control, manipulation and deception.
* Agent K would be in his 50's and Agent J mid 30's.
* There will be 2 villains in the story -
Agent X and Carpenter Bee.
* Dark comedy would be included in the series to avoid making the series all gloomy.
* Agent Zed would appear young due to his immortality (which will be explained in the series) and is the President and Founder of all Men in Black.
* Agent L would act as a potential love interest to Agent J, but there won't be any further development until the second season.
* My take on the series is inspired by: Spectral, Constantine, the original Men in Black comics and movies, “I, Robot”, and Dirty Harry.
10 years earlier 10 years later 80s 90s action Adaptation adventure aliens Animated Animation Based on Animated Series based on book based on comic based on comic book based on tv series Based on video game batman biopic Book character by name title christmas comedy comic adaptation comic book crime crime fighting superhero Crossover DC DC Comics Disney drama epic family fantasy Game History horror Idea-for-TV kids Live Action live-action martial arts Marvel Marvel Comics Music Musical mystery reboot remake romance Sci Fi sci-fi science fiction scifi Sequel Spy Superhero supervillain suspense teens thriller videogame adaptation war western